Wednesday 12 January 2011

girl crushes

I love boys as much as the next girl, but despite this I seem to have ever growing girl crushes and they are spiralling out of control. Hot girls catch my eye as much as hot guys - ok i'm lieing ... probably more. I'm not sure if it's because girls make more effort with themselves (eg make up, hair, tweezing, plucking, heels, ect) or if we are just naturally the fairer sex, but i definitely think that there are more good looking girls in the world than boys (sorry boys). Anyway, I thought I'd share a few of my top girl crushes with you: I not only think these girls are mind-blowingly sexy, but I respect them for their talent and style. They don't do it like dudes, they do it so much better ...





Rihanna
I am so fiercely defensive of Rih Rih, that if you diss her, you will pretty much get cut out of my life. She has always been pretty but since she became more, shall we say experimental, in the fashion department she became more than just your average pretty girl and it's been reflected in her music too. She took risks. They paid off. And now she's hotter than ever. The only reason I have stopped playing Rated R for a little while is because Loud came out.




 


Nicki Minaj
Ok, so my first thought when I saw Miss Minaj in the Bedrock video was who is this tacky, cheap looking black barbie wannabe but I hope I can be forgiven for this slander, because she is now one of my major girl crushes. I love that she describes herself as a "harajuku barbie." I see it: the craziness of harajuku mixed with the cuteness of barbie. She is THE black barbie right now. Nobody's touching her for a while.


 






Jessie J


This girl is the epitome of Brit cool. This Essex girl has a certain swagger that is exclusively British. She's been writing songs for everyone who's anyone for the past few years, including Justin Timberlake and Alicia Keys. Thankfully she's decided to come out from behinde the scenes and release her own material. Do It Like a Dude is a definite tune but I didn't realise how amazing her vocals were until I heard the acoustic version. Watch the link below and you will understand why I am so smitten:




While I'm on the subject of girl crushes I just wanted to say how happy I was to see Victoria Beckham on the cover of this month's Vogue and Cheryl Cole on the cover of Elle. Their style is much more tame than Rih Rih, Nicki, and Jessie but I love that about them. Because even though I love a good crazy coloured outfit with even crazier coloured hair to match, sometimes it's just nice to look, well ... nice. Victoria Beckham is so classic and classy, and I honestly think her fashion line would have done well - ex Spice Girl or not. And as for Cherly Cole, all I can say is: those dimples.

No comments:

Post a Comment