Monday 13 September 2010

The big ♥leopard print♥ comeback

comeback [ˈkʌmˌbæk]


n Informal

1. a return to a former position, status, etc.
2. a return or response, esp recriminatory
3. a quick reply; retort

vb come back (intr, adverb)

1. to return
2. to become fashionable again
3. to reply after a period of consideration I'll come back to you on that next week
4. US and Canadian to argue back; retort
5. come back to (someone) (of something forgotten) to return to (someone's) memory







Today, I would like to write about the big leopard print 'comeback'. For me though, the trend never really went anywhere. I will readily accept that I'm slightly fanatical about leopard print - at one point I had 4 pairs heels, 2 pairs of flats and a pair of uggs in the same print, and don't even get my started on my actual clothes, (I think it stems from childhood: Spice Girls came out, Scary Spice was my favourite, and the rest is history). But, my personal obsession aside, it's never exactly been undesirable has it?

 A comeback, for me, would imply that the print at one point became laughable and lost, seemingly forever in fashion obscurity - which it did not. Now if bumbags start making an appearance again, THAT would be a comeback. However I will accept that it's having it's moment again - 'returning to former position/status' - and I for one am very excited. I plan to go all out. You will see my leopard print clashed with different coloured leopard print, with other prints and in just about any texture or fabric I can get my hands on.

Pictured below are Kim Kardashion and Rhianna looking fiercly fashion forward. Rhi Rhi clashing her different coloured prints beautifully, then finishing with statement red lips (this dress needs to find it's way into my life). Then Kim who deserves a high five for jumping on both the velvet and leopard print trends in the form of a hot pink dress, without looking tacky or granified.



No comments:

Post a Comment