Thursday 28 October 2010

Is there such thing as uncomplicated?


Love is complicated. Even the build up to love is complicated, the dating, the texting, the facebook stalking, the 'linking up', the reading between the lines, and the analysing EVERYTHING - by the time you actually fall in love you'll be mentally exhausted.

And even when your not in love, or falling in love it's STILL complicated. Two very simple words: 'just friends'; and yet being 'just friends' can cause some of the most complex kind of heart ache there is. I mean what right do you have to be heartbroken over a friend right? And when you do genuwinely just want to be friends with someone who likes you, will you be labled a head fuck? Are you just leading them on?

To be honest I'm pretty sceptial about the whole 'just friends' thing anyway. My theory is that the only way that boys and girls can truly be friends is if they meet in a completely neutral situation, where they are thrown together through no choice of their own, eg school or work - and even then there are grey areas. But lets be honest, when a guy comes up to you a club, I'm pretty sure that he isn't looking for friendship. Which is why, it's so difficult to justify chatting to guys/girls when your in a relationship. Obviously I'm not saying that every girl/guy who speaks to each other is looking to get it on, but there are some situations when it's pretty obvious whats coming next. So how do you make it clear from the start, that you're not looking to get it on, without looking like an arrogant prick:

Guy: So can I have your number?
Girl: No I'm really sorry, I have a boyfriend (she doesn't)
Guy: Errrm, I just wanted you to hook me up with your hot friend. (he didn't)
Girl: Oh. *long pause* I have to go to the toilet now. (again she doesn't)

And then there's the ones that go like this

Guy: Whats your pin babes?
Girl: Sorry I have a boyfriend and he doesn't like me giving it out
Guy: Don't worry it's just a friendship ting enit
Girl: Oh ok its ********

2 days later on bbm
Guy: You're so buff babes. What you wearing?
Girl: *delete contact*



Tell me this: how the hell are you supposed to know what any member of the opposite sex is thinking - EVER? Wouldn't it be great if we could be just friends with people we don't fancy without them thinking that we're playing hard to get or leading on them on. And wouldn't it be even better if we could be just friends with people we do fancy without falling for them? And wouldn't it just be the absolute best if there was no such thing as 'friends with benefits' - because trust me, communication between boys and girls is complicated enough without throwing that one in the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment